Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Bracket Album

I tend to forget to take pictures on Thanksgiving. There, I admitted it...all that time preparing a beautiful table and a (hopefully) delicious meal is exhausting and in the midst of all the cooking, cleaning, and company, I tend to let myself get just a bit in over my head and manage to forget to capture a few pictures. Nothing inspires me more than when I have something cute in mind to put my photos in so this year I decided that planning ahead was the way to go!
I started by using one of our wonderful bracket albums (Bracket Album #3028)to create a fun Thanksgiving album. I plunged into my scraps, including cute stickers from Debbie Mumm and 7 Gypsies, my favorite papers from Scenic Route and some Bazzil Cardstock along with a handful of flowers and brads and I was on my way.
The first pages start showing my use of repetition in this little album. Both pages incorporate a striped paper, orange cardstock, a touch of brown and just a small accent or 2 (which happen to draw upon the triangle rule to add interest). The flower accent is cut from one of the patterned papers and then I added a fun brad to add a little "pop".

I love how the next 2 pages look complex but are really so simple: one paper for each background, and one photo mat. The page on the left has a strip of the patterned paper from the right and then they each get a single sticker and then the leaves and a few little flowers.

I'm sure by now you're starting to see a "simplicity" theme here! Each page again has a single background paper, with large photo mats. The mat on the right goes completely across the page, I added just a small strip of orange to the top and bottom to help make my sticker border stand out. Other than that each page was given some brown ink and a few stickers. (Why can't they all be this simple...wait...they CAN!!)

We're more than half done now...these pages use the flowered paper that I cut my flower accents from. Using a little white on the left hand page made all the difference letting these darker fall colors feel much lighter and then of course connected it visually with the opposite page.

I decided to utilize a couple of the quote stickers on the last pages. One of my favorite things to do with a square or rectangle sticker is to add a thin mat around it's edge in a contrasting color, then mat that with a color that compliments the page. Here both quotes are matted in a white (one cardstock and one the striped paper) before adding an orange mat, and then the quote on the right is added to one of the brown cardstock squares for a triple mat effect. Again, everything is touched with a bit of brown ink (one of my favorite things).
The back cover couldn't be easier, just a big sticker double matted and accented on the corners with a touch of whatever I had left on the table when I was finished!
With the mini album finished, now I'll feel like I can't possibly skip taking pictures this Thanksgiving...if you think the project is cute now, just imagine it filled with the faces of your friends and family!
Can't squeeze out a couple hours to complete this project, there's always our cute Turkey Album Kit #3028T that you can add your photos to quicker than you can say gobble gobble gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment